Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners (RSHP) is an award-winning international architectural practice headquartered in the City of London. We work across multiple sectors on a variety of exciting projects ranging from small, innovative housing developments, through to very large-scale international infrastructure projects.
RSHP is looking for a Middleweight Graphic Designer to join our Creative Team to deliver inspiring, innovative and expert creative solutions for RSHP. You should be naturally talented with a flair to try new techniques, strives to be the best by delivering outstanding graphic design, with high attention to detail, dynamic and engaging visuals in both screen and print.
Working as part of a highly creative and dynamic team, the Middleweight designer will be actively involved in delivering creative, innovative, and engaging solutions both on and off screen. Reporting directly to the Partner in charge of Graphics, the role requires undertaking a clear creative direction and implementing the vision into architectural reports, competition videos that often include motion graphics, branding, way-finding signage, books, brochures, and exhibitions. A key part to this role is actively engaging in brainstorming sessions, undertaking research, conceptualising ideas, and presenting your ideas.
Collaborate with Senior Designers and Architects to produce outstanding graphic design with a 'let the design evolve' attitude.
Effectively and proactively manage own work to ensure all tasks meet the required deadlines and meet RSHP standards
Can step into a project and follow through to completion, as well as able to demonstrate your own ideas, thinking and problem solving with complex information. This is a hands-on role that requires a high level of competence both technically and conceptually. The Middleweight Graphic Designer will show a clear dedication and passion for graphic design, attention to detail, brilliant execution and expert time keeping.
Collaborate and work effectively with architectural and support teams. Working collaboratively with the Design Team and Architects to build a highly creative culture and high-performance environment whilst supporting the business to ensure all visual communications have real impact.
Be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines adapting to last minute changes from the architectural teams. A ‘can do will fix’ attitude is a key.
Working off site when required to support the business needs.
• Thorough knowledge of Adobe CC – including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro and After Effects.
• Good printing, finishing techniques and layout skills
• Knowledge of video editing, multi-media, motion graphics for animated titling and diagrams and screen graphics.
• Expert ability to research, show research and explore new ideas and take constructive feedback from fellow Graphic team members, Partners and Architects.
• Undertake direct creative and art direction working collaboratively within the exiting Graphic team structure to ensure the projects are delivered to the highest of standards.
• Understands the impact of branding, visual frameworks and multi-disciplinary rollout.
• An interest in digital and web technology and new technology is highly important.
• Good Photography skills is an advantage
Skills and Qualities
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Approachable, diplomatic and adaptable
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Good technical knowledge
Hours: 0930 – 1800 Monday to Friday
Salary: On application
Benefits: RSHP offers a wide range of benefits including:
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas time off
• A profit share programme (according to contract terms)
• Private health care plan paid for by RSHP
• Annual health check assessments
• Subsidised corporate gym membership
• Season ticket/Cycle purchase loans
If you think this role is for you please apply by sending a covering letter with your portfolio (in PDF format) with a link to your video portfolio in either Vimeo or YouTube to: email@example.com
Application deadline: Sunday 11 October 2020